Your Information and how we use it
Collection of your personal data
Different levels of your personal data may be collected by The China Hong Kong Chapter, Alliance for Healthy Cities, both on our website and at our events:
- You will need to input certain of your personal data when registering with us on our website, in order to receive various features and services that we offer to our registered users, such as email updates, responses to your queries, and to participate at an event.
- You may from time to time provide us with your personal data at our conferences, via your applications for or use of various services that we provide.
Use of your personal data
We use the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes (and any purposes directly related to these purposes) (collectively, the "Purposes"):
- To provide our services to you (including processing event registrations for and administration of such services).
- To provide you with direct marketing communications, in accordance with the "Subscription of Newsletter/Promotional Materials/Marketing Materials".
- Matching your personal data with information you provided to us via other means.
- To analyze trends, usage and conference attendance behavior with us (whether on an individualized or aggregated basis), which helps us better understand how you and our collective customer base access and use our Site and services, for the purposes of improving our services and to respond to customer desires and preferences.
Disclosure or Transfer of Data
The China Hong Kong Chapter, Alliance for Healthy Cities agrees to take all practicable steps to keep all personal information and data confidential and/or undisclosed, subject to the following.
(a) where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any third party suppliers or external service providers who have been duly authorized by The China Hong Kong Chapter, Alliance for Healthy Cities to use such information and/or data and who will facilitate the services on the websites, under a duty of confidentiality;
(b) where The China Hong Kong Chapter, Alliance for Healthy Cities needs to protect and defend its rights and property;
(c) where The China Hong Kong Chapter, Alliance for Healthy Cities considers necessary to do so in order to comply with the applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation compliance with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Sites; and
(d) where The China Hong Kong Chapter, Alliance for Healthy Cities deems necessary in order to maintain and improve the services on the Sites.